MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google user?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I've done some searching but I still can't seem to find out how to resolve my issue.

Simply put, in the users online list at the bottom of the forums I've always got a user named Google. I can't find it anywhere in the users list and I really just want to get rid of it.

I really don't care what it does or doesn't do, I just don't want the name Google displayed in the users online list.

how do I remove it?
This is the Google Crawler. It means that Google is exploring your forum so users may find it through www.google.com
This is fine, but is there no way to at least hide the name from the "users online" list?
Delete it from spiders & bots.
I just don't know why people want to delete it, it's doing absolutely no harm whatsoever to your site.
(2010-09-18, 02:53 PM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]I just don't know why people want to delete it, it's doing absolutely no harm whatsoever to your site.
It doesn't harm the forum but i don't like everyone to know what google is doing.
My forum is private and though google is doing no harm. I don't like seeing it in the users list. Thanks for the help, I'll try deleting it from spiders and bots.