MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with attachments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just discovered that large attachments were not working correctly on my site. Previously, I had changed the php.ini file to allow large uploads and changed the MyBB attachment type of .zip to allow files up to 200 MB's. I was able to upload files that were around 120-130 MB's as attachments to messages in one thread. Today, I realized that they would not download correctly. They would download as size 1 KB. I removed 1 of the attachments from one message and tried to re-upload it. It did not work. The same symptoms resulted. The file was there but would not download correctly. Then, I tried some jpegs and increased the attachment type size for jpegs to 50 MB's. They all uploaded as orphaned attachments, and all I get after trying to add or post the message on the thread is a blank, white screen. Now, all I get is a blank, white screen when trying to upload any attachment and the attachment uploads as an orphaned attachment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Today, without me doing anything, uploading attachments seems to be working okay. I uploaded a zip file of about 7 MB's and one of about 70 MB's with no problems. They are not orphaned and I did not get the blank, white screen after uploading the thread response. However, the large 70 MB file still only downloads as a 1 KB file. It shows up in the database with the correct size and also when I check the file in the uploads folder using my FTP program.

Any ideas? Help with this issue would be greatly appreciated!
Okay. After trying some more searching, it appears that the problem was related to a memory_limit setting in PHP. I didn't know if my hosting provider would let me change this value, but changing the value in my PHP.ini file worked. The large files seem to be working fine now.