MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Jfusion: Integrate MyBB with Wordpress, Joomla, Elgg, Dokuwiki and ++
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Does this provide a solid integration with MyBB 1.6 ?
Considering installing Joomla and moving Mybb to a sub folder, but still to use it as the primary forum.
Yet I don't want to lose a single thing of MyBB...
the best post lovin it
please also add wordpress thanks
Thread updated.

Support for Wordpress has been added since Jfusion 1.5.3.

I think this is the best time for the MyBB community to get more involved with Jfusion.
If you make sure it functions we'll do most definitely. Smile
I´m not part of Jfusion team, so I can´t "make sure" of anything. I´m only a user like you.

I use it with MyBB 1.6.1 on my site with no problems (Joomla, Dokuwiki and MyBB).

But, since the MyBB part of Jfusion has no dedicated developer, only the user integration works. And works well. All other advanced functions of Jfusion are not implemented for MyBB yet (discussion bot, frameless integration, optimizations, possible bug fixes, etc).
I still find it a pity that I wouldn't be of any help..... ( Unless you just want to de-optimize the plugin haha ).
But I find it highly surprised no one took the job up so far.
Because Jfusion is a Joomla component, so you need Joomla to be able to use it, and MyBB community hates Joomla. That´s why.
(2011-01-06, 04:02 AM)Speeder Wrote: [ -> ]Because Jfusion is a Joomla component, so you need Joomla to be able to use it, and MyBB community hates Joomla. That´s why.

I can relate to that.
Joomla is like vista.
Bloated with features you'll never use.
The extensions are worthless to eachother as they hardly integrate, you could just as well install several scripts in subfolders.
Only reason I wan to use it as I do not want to rely on plugins on plugins too much.
And Joomla might provide that handful of features I need.

The reason why people don't need/use/hate Joomla is because of the above mentioned, because anything that Joomla offers can be better done with plugins.
For most atleast.
Well I won't be using MyBB. The overall attitude here sucks. No one wants to say that but seriously it does! What's up with the developers. I'm talking about other threads on this topic too. I mean to spend all that effort railing against Joomla, which by the way runs over 2.5 percent of ALL web sites.

I'll just wait for phpBB to get the features you guys have now or just purchase vBulletin. You guys need to have an attitude adjustment.

Now let the sycophants rant!!
(2011-01-18, 09:04 PM)tedryder Wrote: [ -> ]Well I won't be using MyBB. The overall attitude here sucks. No one wants to say that but seriously it does! What's up with the developers. I'm talking about other threads on this topic too. I mean to spend all that effort railing against Joomla, which by the way runs over 2.5 percent of ALL web sites.

I'll just wait for phpBB to get the features you guys have now or just purchase vBulletin. You guys need to have an attitude adjustment.

Now let the sycophants rant!!

Great for that 2.5 percent. None of them happen to be developers who use MyBB. We can't force someone to use Joomla. Most developers in this community actually would rather build their own then use Joomla.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5