MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Spam Users?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there any plans to implement any features to stop all the spam users that many mybb forums are having problems with?
They are probably working on this for MyBB 2.0, but I'm not too sure myself. I hope so. Smile
There will never be a way to prevent spam, it's mainly cheap labour.

This will help alot though.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-63764.html
I am unsure of 2.0 myself, However I would hope it is.
I've been getting a lot of spam accounts lately on mybb-plugins.com
I installed StopForumSpam.com and didn't work, I still got spam -- even though I reported the accounts to them so other sites can prevent themselves against these accounts.

The only solution was to block certain IP ranges from India since that's the country of the spammers who spammed my website.

Didn't get any spam today!
In the end IP range bans seem to be the most effective. That's the route I'm pretty sure labrocca ends up taking on his sites as well.(with other tools as well I'm sure)

But, you can't block human spam in less it's already been reported in some database that you use like StopForumSpam.
If there was just a way to stop them, everybody would be doing t and there would be no spam on the internet. Any preventative methods can be bypassed if a human is entering the information.
I've started using the stopforumspam plugin and have reported a few users. So far it's worked fine but I may be wrong Toungue
Human spam cannot be prevented unless you approve posts manually. Get more/better moderators.
Amen I hate spammers
Pages: 1 2