MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Does MyBB fit my needs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm currently realising a project of mine, so I'm looking for the best forums software to use.
I want to merge the login system and user profile area of my project (realised with PHP and MySQL) with that of the forums, so users only need to register/login to my site once and be automatically registered/logged in for the forums too. I think both systems would have to use same database and functions then.
My question is the following: Is MyBB providing functions/hacks or tutorials for this?
Just to let you know, my project isn't yet finished, I'm just planning atm but I can tell you that it won't be realised with a Content Management System, it will be self-coded in PHP.
Plus it would be good if I could integrate MyBB in my Content-div (got Header-, Content- and Footer-div) without using (i)Frames.

I hope you can help me and I'm looking forward to hear from you.

Best regards.
From personal experience, I would almost say that use MyBB as your core. It already has a great usermanagement system, custom-page mods are readily available and helping community. It might be easier for you to make your own application just use the functionality of the MyBB for registrations and userprofiles...it's fairly easy to link to these from your own application. Why reinvent the wheel.

Just my 2 cents.

cheers,
kimmo
I agree with Kimmo; use MyBB to store your user details. There is a tutorial about integrating MyBB into your website. Since you're writing the other app, it will be easy enough to just use MyBB's functionality.