MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Points system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know there's points systems already but i'm looking for something in perticular. when on smf i found one that gave points for posting etc but also when the points was saved up you could buy stuff such as the ability to steal from other members, or the right to delete your own posts for a day. anything like this for mybb. also you could name the points/currency any thing you wanted so instead of credits they could be called mybbcoins
Newpoints already has these features.
ok thanks i'll have a look at that.
+rep for you
I looked at this not quite what i was looking for wanted something similar to http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=65
I'm going to strongly suggest that you consider if there is any advantage to making people use points for this stuff.
It's just something i was playing around with i'm not putting it on the live forum yet i've seen it on other forums where they incorporate it in to a arcade. you pay to play in the arcade then you win the money back or use it to buy a pass.
(2010-09-20, 06:15 PM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]It's just something i was playing around with i'm not putting it on the live forum yet i've seen it on other forums where they incorporate it in to a arcade. you pay to play in the arcade then you win the money back or use it to buy a pass.

Or you could just go to any of the free game websites on the internet.
It is free you pay with your points or use you points to pay for a pass which gives you 7 days accesss but you can't win the jackpot.
(2010-09-21, 08:27 PM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]It is free you pay with your points or use you points to pay for a pass which gives you 7 days accesss but you can't win the jackpot.

Sorry, I meant go to any of the sites that don't require you to pay with any sort of points etc, and likely have far better games to boot. I think there are good uses for points systems but I don't think needlessly complicating things for your users is a good use of them.
(2010-09-21, 08:33 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-09-21, 08:27 PM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]It is free you pay with your points or use you points to pay for a pass which gives you 7 days accesss but you can't win the jackpot.

Sorry, I meant go to any of the sites that don't require you to pay with any sort of points etc, and likely have far better games to boot. I think there are good uses for points systems but I don't think needlessly complicating things for your users is a good use of them.

I've yet to find a good use for them. i was only running it on a test board my live board don't have it, also i was saying i seen other forums using that method. i don't have a arcade on my forum i don't think its something i need right now, was just throwing out some examples.