MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 6 guests with almost the same IP.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was checking "whos online" and noticed that there are about 6 "guests" online from the IP that looks just the same. Only the last part of the address is different.

Here is a screenshot.
[attachment=19945]

What exactly does it indicate?
Just ignore them, if they aren't harming your site then ignore them, but likely they are just would be spammers.
All these IPs are from here :

Name: Kintiskton LLC
Handle: C02002451
Street: PO BOX 7360
City: MOUNTAIN VIEW
State/Province: CA
Postal Code: 94037-7360
I know where they are from.

Question is, is someone trying to abuse "referral contest" that i have started? Or 9 kids in neighbourhood accessing the site at same time? Toungue
No, if they aren't harming your site, ignore them.
Probably search bots that aren't in the spiders & bots list. I get them all the time.
I dont think its a big deal unless someone is abusing your site. If you see someone with 6refered members you can assume where they came from and not give them the prize. Big Grin
(2010-09-19, 08:30 PM)i4c Wrote: [ -> ]I know where they are from.

Question is, is someone trying to abuse "referral contest" that i have started? Or 9 kids in neighbourhood accessing the site at same time? Toungue

If you knew where they are from, then you should know details about this company and would also know that it is not kids and neither people trying to abuse your "referral contest" ...

Wink