MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ban Probelm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have just login into my forum and i notice this message http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/1282/banoc.png

i don't understand why it's there. i did try to install a mod but i never did install it so i just remove the files. i can still access admin panel it's just annoy. anyone know how to fix it ?
Go into your cpanel and into your mybb database and find this :

mybb_banned

Remove your uid and gid (if one is found).

Clear your browsers cache, you should be good.
all that did was give me an error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'uid' in 'where clause'
Query:
SELECT * FROM mybb_banned WHERE uid='1' LIMIT 1
You've deleted the column from the table, not a row with you in it.

What's probably happened here is you've added a Banned group as an additional group on your account. If you installed the forum, no other admins, if you have any, can edit or ban you so that's really the only way it could have happened.

Have you banned any other users?? If you have, they now won't be banned unless you can restore from a backup. Run these queries to add the columns back:

ALTER TABLE  `mybb_banned` ADD  `gid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT  '0' FIRST;
ALTER TABLE  `mybb_banned` ADD  `uid` INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT  '0' FIRST;
well i don't have other admins. and no i have not ban anyone esle it just appear there. i still have access to the whole site
Which is why I said you've probably got a banned group as an additional usergroup; check what additional usergroups you're in in the ACP.
dude i know. i am not in the ban group ok. there must be some other reason but it dose not matter i will just remake my forums
There is seriously no point in reinstalling, that's not solving the problem.
Also, no need to be rude to Matt, he's helping.
Dude I like your logo who made it?
PM me login details to your admin account.