MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bot for some user
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have some weird question.

I saw some of Staff members here are Online all the time.

Did they just left browser turned on or something else?

Is there some function or bot something like that which will be online for some user?

user name but bot idk how to explain i hope so some of you understand Big Grin
You would like "fake users" to be online on your forums? (bots)
If you leave your browser open to yourforum/online.php it will refresh the page every minute.
(2010-09-20, 10:59 AM)Duga Wrote: [ -> ]I saw some of Staff members here are Online all the time.

Did they just left browser turned on or something else?

We're just very dedicated. Wink
Dennis setup cron so that he would be viewing the Mod CP 24/7. I know that for sure.
The staff who are always here are using a browser extension called Auto Reloader.
Yea something like Fake users but with name some of users.
What is the Cron what Dennis setuped it up?
No, Dennis is on too much for a normal user, yet will log off.
Although, I would like to know how it would be possible to make a bot out of a user that could execute scripts.
Kind of like http://dotapub.net does, except they use phpBB.
What I'm talking about is a user that's a bot, and when a new thread is in x forum, a script will run.
The script checks a sql database for bans, and then shows them as well as other stats.
Any ideas on how to at least make a user use scripts like that?
Come one guys i am sure some of you have some answer how to do this Wink
(2010-09-21, 09:11 PM)Duga Wrote: [ -> ]What is the Cron what Dennis setuped it up?

You would have to ask him. There is no way of me knowing, I don't have server access.

Pages: 1 2