MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Promotion system?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think this system have a so much problem.
I have a community with more than 6000 users.
I want seprate them with this promotion system by their post and date , but this system will move only online users to the group that I want change.
I also tried to reset that again but it's not working now.
Could you please let me know how to run the task normally or how to run this system by hand to move users to their owned group?
(2010-09-17, 03:03 PM)Ali.ahk Wrote: [ -> ]I think this system have a so much problem.
I have a community with more than 6000 users.
I want seprate them with this promotion system by their post and date , but this system will move only online users to the group that I want change.
I also tried to reset that again but it's not working now.
Could you please let me know how to run the task normally or how to run this system by hand to move users to their owned group?

If the user never comes online what's it matter if they're moved? They'll automatically get moved when they come on online anyway.

But, you can edit each user individually and change their group in the admin cp or run an sql query to change their group as well.
Thats not right. some of our forum users are the oldest and they should be in the old users group. some time old users don't coming again to the board . Think it's not bad when the other users saw that old user in a basic group (with high posts and long registration date).
Also I said we have a lot of users that we cant move them to new group one by one. Please allow me some help and information on edit promotion system to separate my users to the new groups without user online requires.

Also there is a problem I find now. I move all the users to the default group. (they online already and moved to new group) Now new promotion not working for them and I cannot remove promotion logs. Also please let me know how to remove the logs for group promotion system.
any solution ?
And about 24 hours without any answer......
Still I'm waiting for ...
Never used it as haven't seen a need for it on my forum
I've been using the promotion system to promote newbies to full members after 1 week and 25 posts, they then get access to a few things including the members websites forum. Works perfectly as far as I can tell.
(2010-09-17, 03:20 PM)Ali.ahk Wrote: [ -> ]And about 24 hours without any answer......
Still I'm waiting for ...

If you'd have posted in the support forums, your answer would probably come much quicker.

The promotions system works by upgrading those users that fit your criteria, but only if they were active from the last time the task was run. To amend this problem, you'll need to edit the promotion task in the database, and set the 'lastrun' column to 0.