MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SMF 2 - Mybb 1.6 password issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok...I thought i had this issue resolved by doing the following-

Changing loginconvert.php like:

Quote:Compatibility: 16

smf2rc2

But this seems to be sporadic, some users can recover a new password and others have tried resetting passes 5+ times and still can't login. Gonna try to run a db query to set a "default" pass for all groups, then they can just log in and change password.

Anyone have a better solution?
They shouldn't be requesting new passwords. They should be just logging in with their password from the other board.
The user passwords they had from our previous smf2 board would not work....thus requesting new passes. But like i said...some work and some don't. It's weird Undecided
Ok, try this loginconvert.php - you'll need to do the edit like you did before:
[attachment=19950]

And then try passwords from the smf2 board again.
Also, check to make sure there aren't any malfed usernames, these would look like this:
<original smf2 username>_smf_import<xxx>
Or rather
Dylan M._smf_import22890
Will do...thanks dylan.
to get this to work i changed the pasword convert type to smf2 in the db via phpadmin. and that fixed the problem
(2010-09-20, 09:24 PM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]to get this to work i changed the pasword convert type to smf2 in the db via phpadmin. and that fixed the problem

That does the same thing as editing the loginconvert plugin to work off the incorrectly inserted smf2rc2 passwordconverttype... Just in the opposite direction Big Grin
the users can't login
How do I use this. I get,

Quote:Direct initialization of this file is not allowed.

Please make sure IN_MYBB is defined.
It is a plugin, and the Merge System tells you about it right at the beginning.

Simply upload it to your MyBB/inc/plugins folder, then activate it from your AdminCP->Plugins section. It is automatic whenever someone logs in.