MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there no way to see where user came from ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

i wonder if there is any way to see where the user came from to my Board. In vBulletin i had a mod for that, I could see all guests & users with IP's and how they came to my board. Either searched for it on Google or clicked on some other site's link somewhere where I posted a link to my site.

No such functionality on MyBB ?
I guess you could add a new column to mybb_sessions called referer, use $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'] and insert it into the database, then pull the row where you want it.
Now if I would just be a Modder or have any idea what you just told me. Wink

Sorry, I am not that good with PHP and MYSQL. If you could give me an example on how to do that, practically, then I would be most thankful. Wink
Check if your hoster offers you an access.log anywhere. Then you can use any Apache access.log analysis tool of your choice to get a statistic where users come from. In fact many hosts already offer such a statistics in their control panels. Another solution would be using Google Analytics or Piwik with your board.
(2010-09-20, 03:51 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Check if your hoster offers you an access.log anywhere. Then you can use any Apache access.log analysis tool of your choice to get a statistic where users come from. In fact many hosts already offer such a statistics in their control panels. Another solution would be using Google Analytics or Piwik with your board.

Thanks, I will take a look at Piwik. Wink