MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Strange happenings on Google Chrome
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi again....
Just checking out the board on Google Chrome, I have Apart Sky installed, and I get a strange grey black square appears over a third of the screen....and the Calendar link in the bar has been pushed down....
I have attached a screen shot of it. Also on looking at it with IE 7 I loose the nice rounded corners that Apart Sky gave me.
Wondering if you can throw some light on it for me.
Address of board if you want a look...,.
www.alpujarra-forum.com/Forum

Cheers
Graham
This seems to happen with me when I visit forums of people who are asking for support on here. I think it's due to the logo being just a big too big and pushing the header links on the right down, crushing up the forums to the left.

Shrink the logo is all I can suggest. Smile
(2010-09-20, 04:41 PM)Kyuubi Wrote: [ -> ]This seems to happen with me when I visit forums of people who are asking for support on here. I think it's due to the logo being just a big too big and pushing the header links on the right down, crushing up the forums to the left.

Shrink the logo is all I can suggest. Smile

HI.....
Thanks for the suggestion, but the logo is the same size as the Apart Sky logo which I replaced!! So in theory it should be ok....
Does seem odd.... and a little frustrating as I like Google Chrome......
Did you install any plugins? And, what templates changes did you make? The issue for me looks like the nav is taking up a second line breaking your style.
Hi Alex
Yes I have Apart Sky but no changes made to anything, and ezgallery, my advertisements and Akismet.
But strange that is all ok with IE and Mozilla.....
Unfortunately I am no techie and at 67 the brain is not quite as sharp as it used to be..:-)
I've had this problem before, It was a very long time ago, And im unsure of the best way to fix it, However if you add a width of "390px" to "#panel .upper ul.top_links" it will fix this issue but will cause issues when adding new menu items.
I think it's something to do with the -webkit-start-padding: 40px;. Something to do with not setting the padding to 0 or something. I fixed it once before just can't remember why Toungue

The easiest option would be to remove an unneeded link from the top like Help.