MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Revival?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How would I go about reviving my forum?... We have gone dead and if we don't get some interest I'm leaving the forum behind and packing up forums... Sad

Any ideas?
Make more discussions, create a big plugin you could release on here, and send out a mass mail to all your members encouraging them to return Smile
Create content worth being active for. There is really no secret. You created a forum in a very competitive genre and it is not the sort of thing you can become successful at without a lot of passion and motivation for what you do.
Thanks guys, Version 3 of my userbar plugin is in development ATM,but thats a pretty major release Smile

Im not a fan of mass mail, as i dont like receiving them myself!
(2010-09-20, 08:07 PM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks guys, Version 3 of my userbar plugin is in development ATM,but thats a pretty major release Smile

Im not a fan of mass mail, as i dont like receiving them myself!

Awesome, had to mod the piss out of the 1.4 plugin to get it to work in 1.6. Can't wait, and I'll try to help out a bit at your forums Big Grin
Thanks, version 3 will include another userbar (this time traditional thin ones) with customisable backgrounds, including user defined ones from photobucket/imageshack Smile

It will also have it's own UCP page instead of piggy backing on the main UCP page :p
You could reply to threads that people have subscribed to... it's a more subtle alternative to mass mail. Helps to make a few new threads before that so people who check their subscriptions will also see some new activity and hopefully participate.

Sometimes it's better to let something die though. I have a small forum for an indie online game which I consider closing soon, since the game itself is somewhat broken and there don't seem to be any more updates coming... so no matter what I do it'll never work out. Sometimes you just have to know when to stop.