MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB DMOZ Category
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.dmoz.org/Computers/Programmin...rums/MyBB/

For those who are unaware the DMOZ is the largest of all manually edited directories. It's value for SEO (mainly backlinks) can be tremendous. However it's very disputed in many circles whether or not submittal is important.

The MyBB appears to be a newer category. Last I checked in 2009 the category didn't exist. They list mybb.com which means it's probably 2010 that it was created. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I recall.

So anyways...those with decent MyBB resource sites should consider submission. It's extremely important you follow the guidelines. If you don't you'll never get in and you could be blacklisted from the directory forever. Getting in can also take years and that's not an exaggeration.

The current list for record keeping.
MyBB.com
MybbCentral.com
CreateMyBB.com
MybbThemes.8ez.com

And also only a few select software have their own category. So it's actually pretty damn nice that MyBB has one. It's a sign of respect from the internet community. MyBB is without doubt moving forward. (SMF has not category...lol)
Invision Power Board (16)
MyBB (4)
phpBB (48)
vBulletin (31)
Woltlab Burning Board (1)

If you get in or the list is changed please PM me and I'll update this thread.

If you have DMOZ questions reply here as well and I'll try to answer as best I can. I have at this point about 15 total listings in DMOZ which by most standards is very good.

Thanks.
All I have to say is that it's nice to see mybb on there. Google sends me to this site all the time.Toungue
Nice to see MyBB with a category there.

Pet Forums is listed on DMOZ. Smile
Someone should get MyBBTalk.com Listed, was my old site.
MyBBTalk.com won't make it. Only select few sites with strong content get into DMOZ. A new or empty forum will be ignored.
Oh, wait dose it get in automaticaly or you have to ask them?
You have to ask them by clicking "Suggest URL"
Oh ok, thanks.
Years? I've submitted two sites there and neither took more than a few days.
What sites?
Pages: 1 2