MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Dealing with Registration Emails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is MyBB going to add a method to resend the activation emails? Let's say your server craps out or the member never received his activation email. There does not appear to be any way to resend it. And they obviously can't signup again with their username again and possibly because setting for single IP signup is enabled too. Even you could have 1 email per signup set. So it's a complete hassle to users and admins getting requests about no activation email being sent.

If possible I'd love to see MyBB address this situation.

This mod exists for admins/mods to resend it but what about from the user?

http://mods.mybb.com/view/resend-activat...er-profile

Just asking that MyBB dev team consider this for next version. I'm doubtful it would be in an update as it's probably going to be considered a feature.
member.php?action=resendactivation
Where does that link from though? I tried to find an action that did this with a link and there wasn't one.

Okay...just checked and it's in this template:
error_nopermission_loggedin

What's the point of having it as part of the logged in page if you're not activated? Yes if you just signed up you may have a session and technically be logged in but what if you're not?

Thanks for pointing that link out to me. I'm going to manually add it to the no permission page too. I appreciate the assistance.

EDIT: For those wanting to add this to their logged out error.

TEMPLATE: error_nopermission

Find:
<li>{$lang->error_nopermission_guest_4}</li>

Change to:

<li>{$lang->error_nopermission_guest_4} ( <a href="member.php?action=resendactivation">{$lang->error_nopermission_user_resendactivation}</a>)</li>
The link is on the usercp.php page:

Email: <email>
Registration Date: Oct 17, 2009, 5:31pm
Primary User Group: Awaiting Activation
(Resend Activation Email)
Members Referred: 0

On my own forum, I used that mod to add a nice box into the header with a link to the activation resend page. I feel the current one isn't noticeable enough.
Actually that's just part of that plugin I mentioned. I did a template search and it's only part of error_nopermission_loggedin .

And it only works for the staff not for the user to do themselves. And as a guest who just signed up you can't get to the usercp without a session. In my experience with this problem members come back in a day or two if they have not yet gotten activation. Their session is expired in most cases.
That link is for users to send it to themselves; you can login when you're awaiting activation, and the user can use that to send it again. It'll only be a problem if users awaiting activation can't access the User CP.
(2010-09-20, 07:26 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]That link is for users to send it to themselves; you can login when you're awaiting activation, and the user can use that to send it again. It'll only be a problem if users awaiting activation can't access the User CP.
Yea, that's what I meant.
(2010-09-20, 07:26 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]That link is for users to send it to themselves; you can login when you're awaiting activation, and the user can use that to send it again. It'll only be a problem if users awaiting activation can't access the User CP.

The problem isn't that it's not technically possible, the problem is that what they should do if they don't receive an activation e-mail is not made entirely clear to the user.