MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Does my theme look ok?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I didn't get everything exactly how I wanted but I'm not too awful picky. Just wondering if it looks ok. I still have a few buttons and icons to make but need to know it looks good first. Hopefully I can learn to make custom smilies and the whole works.

A big thanks for the help I recieved from the members here. I would've gotten no where without it. Hopefully my second and other themes will get better. It's quite simple but I like the simple things. And does anyone know of any pointers for getting members. I saw a post about it here somewhere while I was searching for help with stuff but lost it.

http://joseph-hayes.net/forum/index.php
well no! it is gr8!!

i like it, but let's work on some tiny details.

see the bottom menu (Contact Us | Creation of Art | Return to Top | Search | Member List | Calendar | Help ) align its text to the middle.
it will be nice to have a different background for the trow2, i mean not having trow1 same as trow2 some kind of soft grey or soft blue

regards
real nice Smile But maybe try some bigger folder icons?
Good job Wink
K I will work on those. I think the soft grey would look nice for the row colors as well I will try that first. Thank you folks for all the great help. I changed the row color to a light grey but I hope it's not too light and near white lol. I did notice I need to go back and actually save my folder icons with a transparent image. That's ok I need to do everything a little better as far as icons go anyway.

Oh also I'm kind of in the dark on this. How can I save a theme to my computer for backup? I tried the download thing but it doens't download just brings up code.
You need to download all the pictures you used separately.

go to download the theme normally.

When you see the code, view that frames source and save it as yourthemename.xml.

Dont copy and past the code from inside the browser as some browsers mangle it when not viewing the source.
K I got it saved. I went ahead and used firefox as it seemed easier. Thanks for the help now I'll know how to get it without opening firefox all the time.