MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb slq error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, my host witch is freehostia made an myslq udpate and now we lost acces to our forum.

details on theirs site=

A MySQL 5.1 upgrade in progress - a possible MySQL downtime is expected

The FreeHostia system is currently undergoing a database server upgrade to the new MySQL 5.1 version. Up till now, all new hosting accounts have been set to use MySQL 5 by default, while the existing MySQL databases are still being moved to the new MySQL version. As an existing user, it is possible that you will experience a short MySQL downtime during the migration process, estimated to not exceed 10-15 minutes. The downtime is expected to occur once per each given database and to last between 1 and 15 minutes depending on the size of the database (longer for bigger databases).

The MySQL 5.1 upgrade comes as a response to the FreeHostia users' needs. The most significant novelty is the newly integrated support for stored program objects, such as views, stored procedures, functions and triggers. These features not only work towards promoting code standardization and reuse, but also towards simplifying the security tasks.

Best Regards,
FreeHostia Team

this is the error i get when trying to acces the forum=

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1142 - UPDATE command denied to user 'marduc_lvp'@'66.40.52.33' for table 'mybb_users'
Query:
UPDATE mybb_users SET unreadpms='0' WHERE uid='49'

i have acces to the database and to mybb_user with the specified username so i cant figure what to do...

Can i get acces to my forum back and if yes ho do i proceed?

thanks

First, make sure your username and password still exist and that ./inc/config.php holds the right information.

Failing that, I would ask your host. If your username and password don't work then they've obviously changed something.
If you have cPanel access to create and delete databases, check that your MySQL user to the forum database has UPDATE permissions.
Tomm M = The congig.php in inc has exactly the same username and password aas the database
Kyuubi= I have access to edit the database

so i guest the problem come from freehostia, but with the free plan we use we dont have acces to any support!

thanks for the help guys
Go to cPanel >> MySQL Databases >> Click the username on your MyBB database and make sure all the boxes are ticked.
Ninja'd! Toungue