MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Topic and Forum Threading not working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys, I have a fresh installation of MyBB installed, love how quick it is compared to others.

The only problem I'm having is that whether the threading option is on or off, it doesn't work at all, is this a known bug and can anyone help as to what's causing this?
URL?? Test account??
Thanks for the reply, do you need a test admin account?
No, can you provide a URL??
Sure, the URL is www.talkpet.net
Since you've only just installed your forum, you could just reinstall the whole thing again.
I however, am not experiencing the problem you describe: threaded mode appears to work fine for me Smile
So the first topic in "Welcome" doesn't display as http://www.talkpet.net/showthread.php?tid=1 for you?

Why would that be?
It displays as it's intended to.
How is that, though? Isn't threaded meaning the old style so it displays "index.php/general-discussion" ? I thought that's what it was.

The other thing i've noticed is that I changed the forum display setting to display the users name etc on the left of posts, not above.. yet it's still showing above...
No, threaded mode just means that it displays the posts differently from default mode. What you're talking about is modified URL's, using mod_rewrite, which is completely different.

The setting you changed only starts taking effect for guests and new users. You'll need to change it in your UserCP -> Edit Options -> Show posts in classic mode
Pages: 1 2