MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why, Canada?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Why must you bend over and take it from Rogers if you want an iPhone 4 with reasonable features?

It starts at $50 and from what I understand you have to pay another $20 (per month) if you want basic features such as caller ID and whatnot. Dodgy

Is it even worth it to go with a data package? Or just spend $800+ on the phone and put it on a Voice plan only? I mean to me it seems to work out roughly the same if you do $50/month as you get the phone for $300~ and a cheaper upgrade once your term is up (3 years).

Alternatively, is it possible to get like, an American plan up here? I just can't swallow $500+/year for BASIC FRIGGEN FEATURES >:[

What does MyBB have to say about this matter?
If you get an iPhone without a data package, why even bother?

I'm on Telus and my bill is about $80/month for my iPhone 3GS. American plans aren't a whole lot cheaper.
Uk - O2 -£32.50/month - unlimited texts - data too ( not sure how much) - 100 mins - 3GSSmile
... because I have to pay $659 (16GB) initially. If my math is correct:

1 Year on TbayTel (local phone provider) with 13% tax:
$750 + $30*12 = $1110 for the first year

Or, Rogers:
$300 + $50*12 = $900 for the first year, basic features.

In essence, it works out cheaper but I'm locked into a contract for 3 years. The only offset here is the actual cost of the phone. $300 off the hop is more manageable than $750 for myself but I guess it really comes down to whether or not it's even worth having a data plan. What I'm certainly doing is waiting until November to see what tbaytel offers in terms of plans.
What I'm saying is that why would you even want an iPhone if you're not going to use the data?
Figured someone would ask. I have a phone, which is just crap, and an iPod Touch 2g which I'd like to upgrade. Rather than spend $350+ on 2 new devices, why not buy one?

And I'm not saying I wouldn't use it if I had it (data plan) but I'm asking whether or not anyone recommends it.
What are you guys on? My friend Brain has his from rogers for 40 a month. I think he gets a gig of data and unlimited texts. (From rogers).
Erm regular, non-hallucinogenic air. I'll have to talk to them and see what it actually works out to, since they're website is so god damn confusing.
It's a bit like that in Australia as well. Telstra have a lot of phones exclusively and terrible over priced plans for them.

I always just buy my phones outright online, you can usually get them for about 20% cheaper then buying them outright from a carrier and then I can use them with whatever network gives me the best deal.
(2010-09-21, 11:53 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Erm regular, non-hallucinogenic air. I'll have to talk to them and see what it actually works out to, since they're website is so god damn confusing.

Mhm go in, you can even get deals from them Toungue.
Pages: 1 2 3