MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL Errors when Deleting/Updating users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm getting some SQL errors when I'm trying to delete some of my test accounts.

This is when I try and delete an account that needs to get activated:
Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'uid' in 'where clause'
Query:
DELETE FROM mybb_moderators WHERE uid='59'

This used to work fine when I was running 1.4 and I had no errors when I upgraded to 1.6. So, I'm not sure what's going on.

And I'm not sure why it's looking at the moderators table because I don't have any moderators.

[edit]
I just now tried to move a user to a group, and I get the following error:
Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'remember' in 'field list'
Query:
UPDATE mybb_users SET email='[email protected]', postnum='0', usergroup='8', additionalgroups='', displaygroup='0', usertitle='', signature='', website='', icq='0', aim='', yahoo='', msn='', style='0', timezone='-8', dateformat='0', timeformat='0', language='', allownotices='1', hideemail='0', subscriptionmethod='0', invisible='0', dstcorrection='2', threadmode='linear', showsigs='1', showavatars='1', showquickreply='1', remember='', receivepms='1', pmnotice='1', daysprune='0', showcodebuttons='1', pmnotify='0', showredirect='1', tpp='0', ppp='0' WHERE uid='60'
You still have 1.4 code running somewhere. Make sure you've uploaded all the 1.6 files properly and that you don't have any incompatible plugins.
(2010-09-22, 02:44 AM)Darrell Wrote: [ -> ]And I'm not sure why it's looking at the moderators table because I don't have any moderators.

The script will automatically try and remove moderators without checking that the user is, in fact, a moderator. The next maintenance release should resolve this.

Anyway, to me it sounds like you're still running 1.4. A plugin shouldn't be overriding the entire update procedure of the users, so make sure all your admin files have been upgraded to 1.6. You can do this by going to ACP -> Tools & Maintenance -> File Verification. Running this will check your current files against MyBB's 1.6 files, and tell you any differences (of course, it will highlight any custom edited files too).
I went to ACP -> Tools & Maintenance, but I don't see the File Verification option anywhere.
Because you've still got the 1.4 files so it's not going to be there... did you rename your admin folder?? Looks like you've not got any of the 1.6 admin files at all.
I apologize, all of this is my fault.

Yes, I did rename the admin folder. When I upgraded from 1.4 to 1.6, I had no errors, so I just thought that everything went smoothly. I just re-uploaded the 1.6 files, rand the update again, and all is working well now.

Thank you all for your time.