MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User count & version upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good morning.

I didn't upgrade to 1.6 on time (maybe this is not the problem), but I got a high number of user registrations on my MyBB forum - which are in fact bots. Since I had to delete quite a lot of them, I did it from PhpMyAdmin.

Now, the problems are:

1. I deleted the users from the user table in the database, yet on the first page of the forum, the old number of users is shown. (Example: Had 300, deleted 200 from PhpMyAdmin, still 300 on the first page). How can I amend this?

2. Not related with the above, but tried it before - unsuccessful: if I got my forum directly hosted on domain.com, where should the Upload folder be, be it the case of an upgrade?

On your Upgrade Wiki section, it says: 2.Upload ALL of the files and folders in the "Upload" folder including the install folder, overwriting the existing copies (this contains the upgrade files also) to your forums root directory. . Can you please give me an example of the path exactly? I have an Uploads folder instead, don't know if it's the same. Also, I supose that the 1.6 files should be unarchived?

Sorry for the long, boring content, couldn't figure a way of putting it shorter.

Many thanks in advance!
problem 1:
Recount the statistics through your Admin CP.
2. you don't need the upload folder just the contents from it and it has to go in the existing folder where you have mybb installed.
(2010-09-22, 06:51 AM)laeresh Wrote: [ -> ]problem 1:
Recount the statistics through your Admin CP.

Indeed it worked. Thanks!
(2010-09-22, 07:30 AM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]2. you don't need the upload folder just the contents from it and it has to go in the existing folder where you have mybb installed.

Thanks for your reply. Can you be more specific please? Please let me know if I understood correctly: I take the Upload folder from the 1.6 archive and put it in my forum root. From there, I can run the Upgrader?
(2010-09-22, 07:46 AM)filthfan Wrote: [ -> ]Can you be more specific please? Please let me know if I understood correctly: I take the Upload folder from the 1.6 archive and put it in my forum root. From there, I can run the Upgrader?

You only need to upload the contents of the Upload folder (all the folders and files inside the Upload folder), upload them to the same place all the folders/files are for 1.4 at the moment.
(2010-09-22, 09:01 AM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-09-22, 07:46 AM)filthfan Wrote: [ -> ]Can you be more specific please? Please let me know if I understood correctly: I take the Upload folder from the 1.6 archive and put it in my forum root. From there, I can run the Upgrader?

You only need to upload the contents of the Upload folder (all the folders and files inside the Upload folder), upload them to the same place all the folders/files are for 1.4 at the moment.

Won't this overwrite the current files/folders? If so, shouldn't I keep inc/settings.php and inc/config.php ?
Settings.php isn't generally an issue as it recreates itself from the DB. Config.php isn't in the MyBB files as it is config.php.default.
This should do it. Thank you all!
(2010-09-22, 09:54 AM)filthfan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-09-22, 09:01 AM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]

Won't this overwrite the current files/folders? If so, shouldn't I keep inc/settings.php and inc/config.php ?

Yes, that's the point. You need to overwrite the 1.4 files with the 1.6 files.
If I made any display changes (colors, etc), will they remain the same if I overwrite? Are these stored in some DB table? Or I will need to make them again?
Pages: 1 2