MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to reset mybb database? (to carry out a new conversion from phpbb)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

I'm just migrating my phpbb to mybb and after doing a first migration and let my users have an idea of how mybb works and doing some customization I'd like to convert it again from phpbb.

Can I convert it twice? When I first did the conversion I ended up with duplicated posts. Should that be possible?

If not, how can I clean up the database as if it was just after the installation, so that I can re-convert.

Thanks a lot
Emerson
What customisations gave you made?? The easiest way to reset the database is just to run the installation script again, but we'd want to keep your customisations, so don't do that just yet.
(2010-09-22, 01:25 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]What customisations gave you made?? The easiest way to reset the database is just to run the installation script again, but we'd want to keep your customisations, so don't do that just yet.

I did quite a few, adding new plugins and configuring them. I just wanted to remove all forums+posts+messages+users+privatemessages. I think that is all Smile Then I would just need to re-run the correspondent part of the conversion.

If there is a way to do that or via the interface or directly in the db that would be of great help.

thanks for helping
Emerson

This is what i did
1. ran a test mybb and converted my smf forum to it
2. swapped my smf in to a folder and mover mybb to the root.
3. set up a second mybb forum and converted that from smf(using a seperate database)
4. backed up users,usergroups and other tables needed from the second db
5. dropped the tables from the first db
6. imported the tables i backed up from the second db in to the first db.
Then everything was as my smf forum was but on mybb.
hope that is clear enough as i'm a little tired.
Wouldn't be easier just to hack together a few sql commands to empty the relevant tables?
Just not sure which tables that would be.

Regards the other question: re-running the conversion will duplicate all messages?

(2010-09-23, 11:37 AM)echofloripa Wrote: [ -> ]Regards the other question: re-running the conversion will duplicate all messages?

not if you use a seperate db it won't
I mean normally, using the same configuration I have now, will it replace the existing posts or add to it?

(2010-09-23, 11:44 AM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-09-23, 11:37 AM)echofloripa Wrote: [ -> ]Regards the other question: re-running the conversion will duplicate all messages?

not if you use a seperate db it won't

It would add them again.

Run these to clear out the tables:

TRUNCATE `mybb_usergroups`;
TRUNCATE `mybb_users`;
TRUNCATE `mybb_forums`;
TRUNCATE `mybb_forumpermissions`;
TRUNCATE `mybb_threads`;
TRUNCATE `mybb_polls`;
TRUNCATE `mybb_pollvotes`;
TRUNCATE `mybb_icons`;
TRUNCATE `mybb_posts`;
TRUNCATE `mybb_privatemessages`;
TRUNCATE `mybb_moderators`;
TRUNCATE `mybb_smilies`;
TRUNCATE `mybb_events`;
TRUNCATE `mybb_attachments`;

Should be it. Then re-merge, and it should all be OK.
(2010-09-23, 02:39 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It would add them again.

This means that the first step I should skip right?
(2010-09-23, 02:39 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It would add them again.

Run these to clear out the tables:

Thanks very much Matt, now I can really migrate to the myBB!! Smile
Just a quick question, I have been playing around with a test forum and want to re-set the whole forum and database back to a fresh-new install. Do I just run the installation script again?
Pages: 1 2