MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Just used IPB for a month...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
And I'm already going back to myBB. I can't believe I even bothered trying IPB.

IPB is so much slower, bulkier, and a mess sometimes. Half my users quit when we did the switch, other half complain.

myBB is so clean, so awesome, so customizable. Great community support too. IPB's community support is "we'll get back to you in a few weeks.."

Here, I post a thread and in 20 minutes someone replies with a great answer.

myBB team, keep it up. You guys are awesome!
Welcome back Smile
Glad to see a return-ee
I would expect paid support to have a better answer. Did you use their ticket system or make a post on the forum(just curious as I know a lot of people like IPB as their paid solution).
Thou heathen act shall not be so lightly forgiven, for contribution towards the great work of art shall redeem thyself.
MyBB? LONG MAY IT LIVE !!!
Quote:IPB is so much slower, bulkier, and a mess sometimes. Half my users quit when we did the switch, other half complain.

This is the trap and danger of adding features. You really don't want to bulk up your software to the point it's not manageable or intuitive.
I like MyBB, don't get me wrong, but IP.Board can't be that bad can it?

I think they are entering the social network type of software nowadays, aren't they?
I used IPB and was quite happy about it, fact is, if you want a forum software, you are better of with MyBB.

If you really want to go towards networks, but not a profile site, IPB is a great community software.
(2010-09-23, 08:30 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]I would expect paid support to have a better answer. Did you use their ticket system or make a post on the forum(just curious as I know a lot of people like IPB as their paid solution).

I'm a license holder from IPB, and I can say from experience, I've never had a bad experience with their ticket support. They've always had my ticket answered and the problem fixed (for me) within two hours. I agree with you for the performance stuff Gamutech (my IPB/vBulletin databases have been the bulkiest when downloading stuff), but did you try Performance mode on IPB? It'll cut a few things to speed the forum in general up.

I've had a vBulletin as well, and whenever I got support from there, they just said try this, and when it doesn't work, they don't really respond after that.

Either way, I wouldn't get another IPB or vBulletin licenses for my next forums, but I am considering XenForo, just to try things out.
Slowness perhaps due to your server's memory limit?
Pages: 1 2