MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Joy from MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
@wethegreenpeople, well I'm not sure how they got your email and know your a member at MyBB. If it didn't have this above the message then it wasn't sent through our board email system "Userxyz from MyBB Community Forums has sent you the following message:". Did they send it to the email address used in the contact link on your website (Pen Hacks) by any chance? Maybe they followed the link in your sig and got your email from there. If you look in the mail headers there might be an originating IP, if you do find one PM it to me and I can search for users here.

@Damion, please forward any spam PMs you get to a staff member and we will ban them. It's very difficult to stop spammers who use the PM system.

@Glas, I suggest you report that to your email provider as an unsolicited commercial email (aka. spam). Yahoo might also have a place where you can report people abusing their services. Setting up a filter in your inbox to delete messages from that address might be a good idea if you get them frequently.
(2010-09-23, 08:55 AM)Tim B. Wrote: [ -> ]@wethegreenpeople, well I'm not sure how they got your email and know your a member at MyBB. If it didn't have this above the message then it wasn't sent through our board email system "Userxyz from MyBB Community Forums has sent you the following message:". Did they send it to the email address used in the contact link on your website (Pen Hacks) by any chance? Maybe they followed the link in your sig and got your email from there. If you look in the mail headers there might be an originating IP, if you do find one PM it to me and I can search for users here.

@Damion, please forward any spam PMs you get to a staff member and we will ban them. It's very difficult to stop spammers who use the PM system.

@Glas, I suggest you report that to your email provider as an unsolicited commercial email (aka. spam). Yahoo might also have a place where you can report people abusing their services. Setting up a filter in your inbox to delete messages from that address might be a good idea if you get them frequently.

Will do, but that PM is 7 months old.
Prob used the "Send wethegreenpeople an email." link and email that messaged to you.
(2010-09-23, 11:13 AM)Conor Calby Wrote: [ -> ]Prob used the "Send wethegreenpeople an email." link and email that messaged to you.

Don't think users can.
Well then prob didn't, I don't think I have a test account to check.
(2010-09-23, 02:54 PM)Conor Calby Wrote: [ -> ]Well then prob didn't, I don't think I have a test account to check.

Just tested you can't.
I didn't sign up with that email so even if it could it can't xD

And I'll find IP right away. I just thought I'd tell you guys so maybe there is a way for you to block them.
(2010-09-23, 07:09 AM)Glas Wrote: [ -> ]text

LOL ghazal
Two off topic things here...

First... Glas wrote: text? xD

Second... what happend to ghazal? I used to see em now hes banned everywhere.
(2010-09-24, 01:32 AM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]First... Glas wrote: text? xD
I think he was just meaning he was replying to what Glas wrote without quoting the whole lot

(2010-09-24, 01:32 AM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]Second... what happend to ghazal? I used to see em now hes banned everywhere.
This pretty much sums it up: http://twitter.com/surfichris/status/24837871123

Let's not discuss this any further and get back on topic please Wink
Pages: 1 2