MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't clear my forum cookies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone!
This is my first post here, and I wanted to say thanks to everyone who supports and maintains this wonderful forum and MyBB software!!!
This is my first time using any forum software in general and mybb in particular. I downloaded and installed new forum from scratch just a week ago. I was amazed how easy everything is and works really well. Until now I was able to solve all the problems myself (thanks to the "search" button on your forumSmile) However this time it seems like I got stuck.

So here is my problem.
Every time I try to clear my forum cookies I get the following message:
"You could not be verified to clear cookies. This may have been because a malicious Javascript was attempting to clear your cookies automatically. If you intended to clear your cookies, please view the "Use of Cookies on MyBB" help document."

Everything worked fine right after installation but then something went wrong.

I'm running latest version (1.6.0) of MyBB

I tried to search for this problem and found similar post here
http://community.mybb.com/thread-70179-post-507171.html
(However that was for 1.4.13 version)
But anyway so far I've tried almost all recommendations given in that thread:
1) Download MyBB again and upload a new copy of ./inc/languages/english/helpdocs.lang.php
2) Upload a fresh copy of ./misc.php
3) Clearing cookies in my browsers
Unfortunately none of that helped

Can somebody help me out please?
Interesting, this looks like a bug that occurs when you edit the contents of the document.

Run this query in phpMyAdmin to fix it:

UPDATE `mybb_helpdocs` SET `usetranslation` = '1' WHERE `hid` = '3'
(2010-09-23, 07:46 AM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting, this looks like a bug that occurs when you edit the contents of the document.

Wow! it worked!!!
THANK YOU!!!
Smile
I am having the same problem but I am pretty new to phpMyAdmin. How do I do this fix to see if it works for me? Step by step would be really appreciated. thanks
Log in to PHPMyAdmin>Click on your database name>Click on the SQL tab(Located on top. Right before search, query, export, import, etc.)>Copy and Paste the query above in the textarea>Click GO

If you are using cPanel, then login to your cPanel account and click on PHPMyAdmin
(2010-09-23, 07:46 AM)Alan S. Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting, this looks like a bug that occurs when you edit the contents of the document.

What does that code exactly do?