MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cancer fundraising.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As some of you may now, the Terry Fox run just has happened. As a smaller group may know, schools are now doing they're terry fox fundraising now. Now i'm now going to ask you to donate to people, or to your local cancer society. For you who don't know who terry fox is, he is a 18 year old kid who had cancer, and had his leg amputated. Then on one leg, trained for 14 months running on one leg. A marathon a day. Terry then ran 143 days with only 4 days rest. A marathon a day that would equal 5,373km. Now. That should be humanly impossible. But he did it, before he found the cancer had spread to his lungs. They found out he had started running 24km a day, with infected lungs.

So i urge you, in the name of Terry fox, made a donation, don't take the receit.

If for some reason, you want to donate to my school, we have the highest earned per capita for a school in the world, when it comes to terry fox run. If you'd like to do that, and you are in Canada, i can give you a receipt, via paypal. But i strongly recomend walking into your cancer society, and make a donation in the name of terry fox in person.

I also strongly recomend you watch his videos on terryfox.org. I'll be honest, at the rally today i teared up. Its heart touching.
You spelled the first know wrong Wink. And, ti's .org as .com is a parked domain. Other than that great post Mark!
Just an update, you've all should've seen my curls and my fro by now.

When my school reaches $60,000, i will be shaving it off, as an incentive.