MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb can't "remember" data
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I'm very happy with MyBB because has a lot of features found in a old cmc like ipb, vbulletin and phpbb.

At this time I found only a very important problem with it: when you're posting and the connection with server fails, in others cmc you only do a back in your browser and the text you write appears again, so you can repeat again the post until the connection with server is stablished again.

With MyBB this doesn't happens Sad, you do a back and all the text is vaporized! Maybe it sound very selfish, but when I make a post I really write about a hundred of lines. I try to use notepad to save some, but I think if other cms can save the text (something like have a buffer, I don't know how the other cms do), MyBB can do the same or also better.

Please help me with this or tell me what have I to modify or add to the code in order to have this kind of "buffer" of text, so when this problem happens again, I can recover the text when the posting fails...

Sorry for my english, I'm still learning Rolleyes
Sorry for the double post, maybe I don't explain well or I am asking something too hard to code.

This is that I write in with MyBB in a post.

[Image: buffer013ki.jpg]

So, I send the post and sometimes I get this error:

[Image: pagenotdisp6nq.jpg]

Well, in other cms (vbulletin, ipb, phpbb) the only thing that I have to do is do a Back and I get the text again.

With MyBB I do a Back but...

[Image: vaporizeddata2pj.jpg]

the text is vaporized!!!

I hope I can explain this more easy, sorry for the double post.
IE does that. Firefox doesn't... or at least, it hasn't for me.
Then I have to suppose that MyBB only works fine with Firefox? Because I only use IE, but this browser has no problems with other cms.

Tell the programmer that we are in XXI century, and if he/she only make software for a kind of browser, MyBB never will be so popular as others cms.
No one said Chris made it to suit Firefox. I highly doubt that. All I said was I have no problems with that happening in Firefox. Same goes for any other forum software I've used in the past - vB, IPB, phpBB, etc. They've all done the same thing in IE.
Well it's just a problem with the cache !

clear all of your browser cache, and they text should appear when you clikc go back!

i'm very familliar with that Wink! and i face that so much, but after clearing the cache, and have a try again, u will see text will appear.

regards
well, i cleared the cache but nope, the text doesn't shows. :'(
i have posted the same thing once, read here

so have you tried to have a page cannot be displayed and then go back , after clearing the cookies?

regards
after clearing the cookies I simply get a site disconnection. Sad

Sorry, I didn't see the another thread, yes it's exactly the same problem, but the weird thing is other cms in the same site always retains the typed message, and MyBB not.

The cms tested are: ipb 2.1.5, vBulletin 3.5.4, phpBB 2.0.19 and MyBB 1.1, the only cms that don't retains typed text is MyBB. Hope Chris could check this issue, because is something annoying and weird also that only happens with MyBB.
I believe it's related to MyBB sending out the cache-related headers.
Pages: 1 2