MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Syrian Hackers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok yes just as the title says, i have reuploaded all my core files, and my theme files. I have been able to get back into my admin cp fine now with out the hacker logo, but i still cant get access to the actual forum. It still comes up with the hacker logo on my forum page, here is my link if oyu want to look for yourselves, www.themudwarriors.com, so i guess my question is how do i get rid of it, im sure it something in my FTP im missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Umm, the site doesn't even load so can't really tell you.
Servers down ,or they moved your DNS.
we checked the dns and it was fine from namecheap.com

ok here is a new twist, i had some links to my site, form facebook and i can access my site form those but i cant get to my main index page of my site, just access the links to certain threads. I could navigate the site just not through the main index.
Did you replace index.php? Just from the description of the problem that would be my first guess...
Hmm, if your forum was hacked, then this means there is a hole. Which version are you using
(2010-09-24, 05:06 AM)dikidera Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, if your forum was hacked, then this means there is a hole. Which version are you using?

They might not have gotten in through MyBB itself. They could have gotten in through a plugin, or even through a completely different system. I've even heard stories of hackers infecting other accounts on a shared host through a single insecure user.

P.S. it's "hole," not "whole." Just to nitpick...
Remove the file index.html
(2010-09-24, 05:29 AM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-09-24, 05:06 AM)dikidera Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, if your forum was hacked, then this means there is a hole. Which version are you using?

They might not have gotten in through MyBB itself. They could have gotten in through a plugin, or even through a completely different system. I've even heard stories of hackers infecting other accounts on a shared host through a single insecure user.

P.S. it's "hole," not "whole." Just to nitpick...
LOL. My English is getting really rusty..such simple mistakes i did not do many years ago
they got in through the server main frame, linux discovered an expolit and launched a patch but wasnt able to get all the upgrades down in time so the server my site is hosted on got hit, so it was several of our sites that got it. All of em are up cept mine. and im sure im replaced all my files i reuploaded the contents of the upload folder and over wrote all the files. So im missing something somewhere.
Pages: 1 2