MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Auto Prune too broad spectrum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think the auto prune is good but it needs to be tweaked a little.

In the next version or the next update, is there any way it could be set up to add specific groups to the pruning parameters?

This is a nice feature but sometimes you have members who are there for tech support only or some other legitimate reason for not posting. This needs to be fine tuned a little more and it will save someone the grief of having to register over and over again unnecessarily.
Try to use a Forum Cleaner Plugin instead of User Pruning.
it allows to input group exception list for Inactive users, also it prune by last visit date, not by registration date as in User Pruning.
You know, I hate to bring this old topic up again but I know the prune feature will delete any user with say, 0 (zero) posts (or as per admin settings) but if you ban someone like a spammer who has 0 posts, this system will delete them as well.

What's the point of banning someone and using the auto prune system? If the auto prune deletes them, then they can keep coming back too easily.

Has anyone from development started toying around with some improvements for this?
They can come back just as easily if the account is banned, they can just make another one.