MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Removing top margin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'd like to make my forum look like there is no visible space from the top of the browser and my header (Just like how it is in this forum).

I tried using the common margin equals zero code in global.css but I am having no luck. It does remove the margin from the bottom but not the top.

Here's a link to my forum: link

Is there something I am missing in the global.css or header template that places that space on the top? I am pretty sure this is a simple fix but I just cannot find it.

My global.css body section looks like this:
body {
	background: #ececec;
	color: #000;
	text-align: left;
	line-height: 1.4;
	background-image: url(images/patt_4c9dd15f6031b.jpg);
	background-repeat: repeat;
	margin: 0;
	padding: 0;
	font-family: Verdana, Arial, Sans-Serif;
	font-size: 13px;
}

Help would be much appreciated!
Try removing line-height: 1.4; and see what happens. that is what i did and it worked for me.
Unfortunately, that didn't do the trick.

Any other ideas?
look for #container {
background: #f1eedb;
width: 980px;
color: #000000;
border: 2px solid #ba5;
margin: 10px auto;
text-align: left;
in your css and remave the margin or set to zero see if that helps
I am having the same problem so I tried that and it didn't work.

If you change it too margin: 0 auto; it doesn't do anything.

If you remove margin: auto auto; it still doesn't get rid of the space and it moves it too the left side.
Try:

margin-top:0px;
That was already included in the body part of my css. Tried adding it into #container but it did not do anything.

This is really confusing.
try

.html {
margin-top:0px;
}
.html does not appear to be a default option in the css so i added it anyway but unfortunately it does not do the trick.
Get rid of the . in .html, as the . indicates a class name, whereas you want it applied to the html tag instead.
Pages: 1 2 3