MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Gmail verification e-mail takes too long to arrive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So user who register to my board and have a gmail account say it takes too long for them to get the ver e-mail. I tested with mine and it really does take 5-10 mins for the mail to arrive. Hotmail and others work fine and get the mail instantly.

Any ideas?

My board:

http://www.wigitalk.com

There's nothing we can do to have it send any quicker. I don't think there's anything about GMail specifically either that will make it take longer, I usually get the emails instantly on GMail.
I just registered and the email came to my gmail address pretty much instantly. Might be something else... Like the server it's coming from perhaps?
Yeah I just tried it again and I also got the e-mail instantly. Probably a gmail problem in the past few hours. Anyway, all is well now. Thanks.
I sometimes met a webhost which sended out e-mails in a wave each 10/15 minutes, so if you just called your e-mail after that, just wait a couple of minutes.

Besides that, it's only natural to atleast look it up at a later time to see if it arrived at all.
Better late than never, not like you can do something about it.