MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Weird behaviour for Access to Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have created special forum that I called MANAGEMENT ONLY. I gave access to it for ADMIN, MOD and SUPMOD. Being ADMIN i wanted to write a message in this newly created forum but I was denied access to it.

Well... I went to my AdminCP to see what membership I had. Apparently I had ADMIN as primary and EXPERT (custom usergroup I created) as a secondary. When I created MANAGEMENT ONLY forum, I did not giva access for EXPERTS to be able to post any messages (since they are not really MANAGEMENT TEAM).

When in my AdminCP I have removed tick on EXPERTS as secondary usergroup (so now I only have PRIMARY group membership) I could post to my MANAGEMENT TEAM board.

This raised an interesting issue with MyBB. Can someone tell me why the access to secondary USERGROUP overridden my Admin priviledge? MyBB should be able to distinguish level of access to certain boards by each usergroup access visitors have.

Please comment on it.

Thank you.

EB
Have the same "bug". Not sure it's a bug, but if it isn't, it's a stupid system :p
well by default a No permission in the primary group will be overwritten by a YEs of the additional!. but not vise versa

however i guess you should be able to go there if u have permission in the primary group :/

regards
zaher1988 Wrote:well by default a No permission in the primary group will be overwritten by a YEs of the additional!. but not vise versa

however i guess you should be able to go there if u have permission in the primary group :/

regards
So your point is?
my point is that NO in the additional group is overiding the primary.
and that shouldn't happen Confused
zaher1988 Wrote:my point is that NO in the additional group is overiding the primary.
and that shouldn't happen Confused
Thank you. So is there a solution for this behaviour? For time being for I removed secondary usergroups for all my ADMIN, MODs and SUPER MODs. I hope it will be addressed in ver 1.2, because it really restricts the board flexibility.

Thank you.

EB
I thought a YES in any group should override the NO of any group.
This will eventually be fixed either in 1.2 or 1.4 so that the permissions would be Yes, No, or Inherit.