MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tips for keeping your eyes healthy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, not sure if healthy is the right word, but you get the point. Toungue

You see, quite a few of my friends are already using glasses for spending too much time on the computer. I think my vision is very good, but sometimes I really feel my eyes are tired, and this is getting me worried. So I've decided to gather a few tips.

Are there any special glasses I should use while on the computer? Should I take breaks while on the computer very often? Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Smile
I just make sure I look around at things a lot, look out my window, look at the TV, instead of just staring at a screen for hours.

Ages ago we had this semi-black screen we hung over our monitor that cut out a lot of the glare, but I've not seen one of those for years, and that was for an old CRT monitor that flickered like hell.
Erm, idk couldn't really help you. I wear glasses but imo your eyes deteriorate based on family history and whatnot. I think it's either going to happen or not.
I'm blurred in 1 eye, got it from my father and my other eye is good. 22 vision.

I wear glasses on the computer for my eyes so I don't have to wear them permently.
(2010-09-25, 11:04 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Erm, idk couldn't really help you. I wear glasses but imo your eyes deteriorate based on family history and whatnot. I think it's either going to happen or not.

That is a much large component especially at younger ages. I actually use my computer more and my eyes haven't really gotten worse in years.
I have eye-floaters...don't notice em right now but when i concentrate or look at clear blue sky or clear white sky i see them very clearly
Oh, and also only view any kind of screen in a lit room.
Carrots. And lots of them.
Take breaks and keep the lights in your room on. Turn the brightness down on your computer if it feels too bright.
(2010-09-26, 01:24 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Carrots. And lots of them.

Pages: 1 2