MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: All new posts unmarked by viewing the forum!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just realized that when there's a new post in a forum, viewing that forum only, without actually entering the new post, will mark that new post read for the next time.

Further more, if for example there are 5 new posts in a forum, by entering that forum once (or viewing only one of the new posts) will mark all of the new posts read - even if you didn't actually go into each and every new post.

How can this be fixed?
Doesn't happen here, it only marks a thread as read if I mark that forum as read or view the thread itself. Does it work properly for you on these forums?? If you click the marker on the index, that marks the forum as read.
Ok, I did some more testing and it only happenes for guests. If a user is registered it won't happen and function properly, but if a guest enters the message board, all posts (old and new) will be marked new and unviewed, and once the guest views a forum all posts will be marked viewed.
Im having a similar problem, not when logged in but when logged out, the New Posts Icons appear ON for all forums all the time, even if you mark all the forums as read

http://www.investingideas.biz/forum/

Is there a fix for this?

The same problem appears here on the MyBB forum when logged out
(2010-09-25, 11:45 PM)GFN Wrote: [ -> ]Im having a similar problem, not when logged in but when logged out, the New Posts Icons appear ON for all forums all the time, even if you mark all the forums as read

http://www.investingideas.biz/forum/

Is there a fix for this?

The same problem appears here on the MyBB forum when logged out

It's the same as with my board and any other MyBB board. When you browse a board as a guest, all forums are marked as unread, and entering a forum will mark all posts read until your session ends, or your ip changes.

I suggest that all forums will appear read for guests by default.
Quote:I suggest that all forums will appear unread for guests by default.

I agree too for when the guests first arrive there but once they click "mark all forums read" then the ON icons should change to OFF but that doesn't happen
(2010-09-26, 03:31 AM)GFN Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I suggest that all forums will appear unread for guests by default.

I agree too for when the guests first arrive there but once they click "mark all forums read" then the ON icons should change to OFF but that doesn't happen

I meant to say once guests arrive all forums should appear read. What you're asking for is impossible, because guests ips and browser caches are dynamic and therefore cannot be saved forever, without registering to the forum.
Quote:I meant to say once guests arrive all forums should appear read

yes that would be great but that does not happen, the ON icons remain ON for guests all the time
Any suggestions on how to fix this? or how it should work?