MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: got a question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i didnt really know how to title this but all of you have helped me recently know bout my Syrian Hackers dillima, now i seem to have some members who cant get my page to load or it times out why would this be happening, i know our server mainframe switched us to a new server, but i have some who get with ease. How can i fix this and what should i do or is it even on my side of the problem.

Here is a link if yall want to try and see what happens. www.themudwarriors.com
(2010-09-26, 03:38 AM)fastas Wrote: [ -> ]...i know our server mainframe switched us to a new server, but i have some who get with ease....

These days nameserver updates only take ~5 or 10 minutes in many parts of the world.
Host (IP address) updates can still take 24 to 48+ hours.
Since you 'switched to a new server', did the same (older / original) nameservers get switched to the new IP?

^^^
The above could explain why it works good for only some users.

I know when the switch was made my stepdad who owns the server he pays a month for and he host my site on made me go to namecheap.com and verify the dns server name and said it was ok, i dunno if that means anything
^^^
Either the older nameserver changed to a new IP, or the ns1.what_is_in_here.com changed, and knowing the difference might help answer your question. Toungue

This type of problem might, just go away, after a period of time.
well right now im having trouble getting in and my steddads site is down to so maybe they still doing work on our server
OK, have fun this weekend...
thx man you to