MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Best way to advertise my site?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Invite your friends on facebook.
Create a facebook page for the site.
I dislike facebook as an advertising strategy Sad
me too. but it contains the whole world Sad

Twitter followers.
Buy advertising.
Send emails.
Host a competition, particularly a backlink competition.
There's already a Halo wiki. I don't see the point of yet another one.
There's already forum software... So why make mybb? Your logic is slightly flawed.
(2010-09-26, 06:45 PM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]There's already forum software... So why make mybb? Your logic is slightly flawed.

No, yours is.

Why make another forum software? To fill a need left by the existing forum software. Obviously MyBB has a lot of things that at least its users perceive as advantages over other forum software.

What about you? What is your wiki going to offer that isn't already covered by the incredibly comprehensive Halo wiki that's already available? Especially considering you say yourself that you do not have the knowledge to populate it?

Advertising your site won't accomplish anything. It might even be bad for you to advertise at this point. Advertising as you are now is like casting a fishing line without a hook. You have no hook on your site. Once you figure out exactly what it is you're going to offer that someone else isn't already doing (or, if you can do it better than they are), then you should focus on advertising.
umm, you can try
1) Post Exchanges,
2) Posting Packages,
3) And most importantly set your SEO properly, and meta tags. Good SEO sometime brings good traffic.
4) Social sharing is another way to bring traffic. I barely got registrations from that but yes, it brings traffic, especially Digg.
I was thinking about online championships too, with prizes for the winning team. The tournament would span 3 months and there would obviously be 4 in a year. The prizes would be halo gear and winning tshirts etc.
Use social networking sites. I once attended a protest that was organized solely through Facebook. Once you improve your content, submit to social bookmarking sites and social networking sites that (perhaps) target a younger audience. Off the bat, digg might provide some good traffic and facebook or myspace.
Pages: 1 2 3