MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I removed my self as admin on accident
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was testing some out with a new created group I made for my site and wanted to add my self to that group to see how it looks I did but forgot to add as secondary group admin, I didn't. And I also styled my name that is pretty messed up now:

www.commandandconquer4u.com

Thanks for your help. I am Sgt.walton.001

[color=#006400][size=medium]Sgt.walton.001[/size][/color]

thats how I show up, a fool I am I don't understand the style option I see.
There is a topic with a similar problem to yours. You might want to check it out

http://community.mybb.com/thread-78765.html
Quote:he full solution to this problem...

Run these queries in phpMyAdmin:

UPDATE `mybb_usergroups` SET `cancp` = '1' WHERE `gid` = '4' 

DELETE FROM `mybb_datacache` WHERE `title` = 'usergroups' 

Then go to ACP >> Tools & Maintenance >> Cache Manager >> usergroups >> Rebuild Cache

My user ID is 69, so how should it be then ? The SQL command And I am now just a registered user with no admin powers or moderator powers.

Edit: I also changed my usergroup from the VIP group to the registerd user group so now my user name displays normal.
if you have access to phpmyadmin and the db
go in there and find the mybb_users table and find your entry user id 69 and set you gid to 4 that shouldthen give you your admin status back
that post was to get access to the acp not put you back in the admin group.
just another thought if there is another admin on the forum get them to add you back
Quote:just another thought if there is another admin on the forum get them to add you back

I'll do just that. The most easy way but the way also of very long waiting as the other admin is from USA.
Well you'll either have to wait or do it through the database if you have access
The other admin won't be able to edit your account in the ACP. Plus the queries posted here are nothing to do with this problem, they're for removing ACP access from the admin group, not changing your usergroup. You need this query:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usergroup` = '4' WHERE `uid` = '69';

As for styling your username, you use HTML, not MyCode.

Advice for testing how a usergroup style looks; just make a test account.
(2010-09-26, 12:09 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The other admin won't be able to edit your account in the ACP. Plus the queries posted here are

how come i can edit my other admins in acp can promote or demote them.

Quote:Advice for testing how a usergroup style looks; just make a test account.
exactly what i do.
(2010-09-26, 01:09 PM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-09-26, 12:09 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The other admin won't be able to edit your account in the ACP. Plus the queries posted here are

how come i can edit my other admins in acp can promote or demote them.

Because they're not a super admin, but you are; they can't edit you. Even though the OP isn't in the admin group anymore, they're still a super admin and therefore still can't be edited.
but he said he was user id 69 which to me says he is not the main super admin but was promoted to admin else he should of been uid 1 Confused
Thanks for explaining that i can be sure my admin status can't be removed unless i screw up some where
Pages: 1 2