MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb CMS project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
MyBB CMS is a cms addon for the MyBB forum system.

How can you help?
We need people with the following backgrounds:
* Php
* MySQL
* Ajax
* Mybb - themers and modders
* Document writers
* Forum moderators
* Misc. volunteers

We are starting this project with $0.00 budget, but hopefully after some exposure we will receive donations or perhaps a sponsor.

You can find our project here: http://www.mybbcms.net
(2010-09-27, 04:25 AM)Vapor Wrote: [ -> ]We currently have permission from Dries Buytaert (developer of drupal) to modify and package this new cms system with mybb.

Just find this funny since Drupal is GPL you don't need permission.

But, either way I really support this project as I love drupal.Big Grin

Is going to start out for just 6 or going with 7 right away as well?
(2010-09-27, 04:25 AM)Vapor Wrote: [ -> ]...modify and package this new cms system with mybb....

Hi Vapor,
An integration plugin is greatly needed, but a new cms system? Huh
How does what you are starting differ from being able to use Drupal and MyBB integrated together?

Why have (or what is) a new cms system?

Hmm, I wrote a user integration on MyBB side some time ago.

I'd also recommend a plugin base and not a new integrated CMS system. Will be hard to upgrade otherwise.
@alex:
-Just for the sake of re-packaging the cms i wanted to have express permission.
-This will start with 7 because we want to be up to date, but 7 is also still in beta form. (hoping they release it soon)

@seeker:
-As it stands right now you can only use a portal system with mybb, which is good but not great. Having the features and flexibility of Drupal will benefit the community.
- What is a cms? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_content...ent_system

@Lennart:
I have your drupal integration mod (which is great) but you will see what we will put together once we get it all this planning sorted.
@Vapor: In this case I can only hope that you won't use my code as a base...

Good luck!
(2010-09-27, 03:18 PM)Vapor Wrote: [ -> ]Having the features and flexibility of Drupal...

Having the features and flexibility of Drupal is what many people want.
Hello Vapor, you clearly said a New CMS, I asked why, and you did not answer, yet...

What is New?
Definition of new:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/new Toungue

#

(2010-09-27, 06:03 PM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]...Good luck!

Lennart, is yours (in general) more like "Registration + SSO" (oops...does it even have SSO?), or...
  • ...is it "extremely detailed?"
i.e
Supports username changes on both sides / Change one place update on the other
Change Emails w/ sync
Coherent links (i.e. either "everything works in both directions" and / or all the "relevant Drupal links" are modified to send the user to their MyBB control panel) for avatars, options, sigs, etc, etc.

##

'General' or 'extremely detailed': How would you describe it? Shy

@ lennart:
Don't worry, we won't be using your plugin.

@ seeker:
New as in drupal will be stripped of it's extremely weak forum system and MYBB will be fully integrated. The main profile your users will see are reflective of the mybb side with permissions from drupal being replaced.

Other features will be introduced, but since this is currently being developed i do not have a full list for you.
Sounds great so far Smile
#
Drupal's forum 'mod' can be turned off, after a fresh install.
Your project might be much bigger-and help the communities even more-if you produce plugins instead of a repackaging.

What if someone is using Aquia Drupal w/ their themes, then they cannot use yours too? If you go with plugins, then they could still choose MyBB.
I know the module can be turned off via the drupal acp. But like I said...this is in planning stage so all the feedback the better seeker. I will add those to the list of things to look at through integration.
Pages: 1 2