MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Install on Windows - no sub directories?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Complete novice here so watch out! I've downloaded the latest version in .zip format to my PC. I have extracted the files - all files are in a single directory no sub directories. I have copied all these files up using ftp to my site (windows server hosted by streamline.net). I have have placed all the files in a directory called mybb there are no ./inc or ./ upload sub directories. I know I can't use chmod on windows are there any other file attributes I should change. I obviously can't see any directory called www.mydomain.uk/mybb/install as it doesn't exisit.

The install.html file in the .zip download doesn't give me any help at all.

Is it me?

Nax
naxman, are you sure that you're putting the "mybb" folder in the correct directory?
When you unzipped the folders to your computer, prior to upload, did you make sure to check the box to keep the directory structure?

They might of just been extracted all to a single folder, by mistake.
If you try the download yourself from www.mybboard.com and open it in Winzip you will see there is no directory structure - all files are in the one directory / archive. There is no option in winzip to keep original structure if all files are in a single directory.

Uploading the files to my host does not autommaticaly create a structure (i wouldn't expect it to) can i download these source files using ftp or someting.

I've tried this on two seperate PC's work and home with the same results. It would appear that there is no directory structure in the .ZIP download file.

Any help would be appreciated I'm doing this on behalf of a Multiple Sclerosis charity and I'm anxious to get this up and working soon.

Nax
OK time out it's me, I have found the structure and am uploading to site as I speak. Many thanks for your support (long may it continue!).

Nax
Just out of curiousity, which version of Winzip were you using if it didn't create the proper directory structure?

The MyBB server generates ZIP archives on the fly and uses standard compression techniques so it should be working fine, so to speak..
Chris

I will check, when I did it at work I didn't see the structure. Indeed in Wizip on my home PC it dosn't show the structure within the archive (which I thought it did) however when I extracted it it did create it. Winzip 8.1

Nax
Chris there must have been a setting missing with the installation on Winzip on my work PC (8.1 again), I think at the point of extract you must have the folder names checked otherwise everything just gets dumped in the root.

Nax
Installed sucessfully!!!!!!! Now to the config !!!!!