MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: back up settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Team,
Back up the most important aspect of any forum....

I read the wiki and decided that phpmyadmin would be best to take backup but i didn't get the exact settings configuration for MyBB... please tell me what should be the settings while taking back up

I am attaching the screenshot of my admin...

please if you can highlight in itself and upload , it would be of great help...

if not atleast please tell the settings itself
You can leave all those settings as they are; below that though there's an option to 'Save as file', you'll want to tick that.

Out of interest, why did you choose phpMyAdmin over the MyBB backup system??
I only ever use the default settings when i backup and seems to work fine make sure you save as file.
(2010-09-27, 02:52 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Out of interest, why did you choose phpMyAdmin over the MyBB backup system??

because:
1. My database it larger around 30 mb in gzip format.

2. in phpbb3 they suggested that more than 2 MB data should be backed up by phpmyadmin only (that's what i am doing since last 2.7 years)

is MyBB backup different?
I see... well, the MyBB database backup system will work fine for taking manual backups.

With MyBB, there's also a task that takes automatic database backups at set intervals and saves them to the ./admin/backups/ folder, however if you've got a large forum it's probably best to leave this deactivated as your forum will run slowly whilst that's happening. For manual backups though, the backup manager in the ACP should be fine.
auto backup... great.... never knew that...

what could be better than manual backup from ACP........ super.. 1 more reason to love MyBB.

is the same way we can restore MyBB??
The only way to restore a backup is via phpMyAdmin.