MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wordpress Jquery problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well since I tried almost everything, asked everyone, and wordpress replies are slow, I decided to share my problem with you in hope someone may have solution.
Wordpress Jquery/Ajax in dashboard is broken which makes the dashboard nonfunctional. Dropdown menus are not working, widget moving, clicking on sub page doesn't load it fully, footer is not loaded, etc. IE and Chrome can't load wp-admin/ directory. This happens on both old and newly reinstalled blog. Wordpress is my favorite development platform and I miss working on it.
A jQuery plugin or does WP have jQ by default now?
It has Jquery by default in ACP. It isn't plugin issues since only Akismet is installed upon the install of WP.
  • EDIT: If you haven' modified any core files why not try uploading a fresh copy of the latest WP files, just to make sure you don't have a problem there?

```````````
I was going to look at the newest WP anyway. On a fresh install the admin section is fine (both FF and Chrome), so obviously it's not a WP bug.

When there is something "mysterious", which I can't fix, sometimes it is best to use a fresh install and then import in all the related database tables which are required to recover 'everything needed' (i.e. posts, members, etc)

That way the files are all fresh, and the site is rebuilt.**
Good luck, Sorry I can't help more.

Exclamation
**Of course, this advice only works well if you are real familiar with the software which is giving you problems (and it's database tables)
It's same with new install and with old one. Something is breaking Jquery in Wordpress. Or there is some incompatible PHP extension that is causing all of this.
(2010-09-28, 06:45 PM)Murloc Wrote: [ -> ]...Or there is some incompatible PHP extension that is causing all of this.

Later (today?) I'll be testing WP with php5.3, the one I did earlier was php5.2.x.
Hey, do you know about Stackoverflow?
You can (usually) get fast, high-quality answers there.

Quote:43,493
questions tagged for jquery
and
3,419 questions tagged for wordpress
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/jquery
Thanks for suggestion.
Does jQuery itself works?
Does wordpress include jQuery from the official site or does it come with the package? Did you only renew the wordpress files or also the jQuery.js?

I'd advice you to download Firebug (firefox extension) and look for any javascript errors in the console there.

Best regards
Lennart Sauter
The first thing which I used was FireBug. Jquery appears to be undefined and doesn't work only in ACP.
If jQuery is not defined that could mean the script is damaged or the file not included properly.
Pages: 1 2