MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Couple of questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Since yesterday I am using MyBB. It is a nice system, but I have have some problems with it.

I have installed it in mysite.com/forum. During the intial setup, I have prefixed the forum location to /forum/. Now, I am using Mod_Rewrite to map the forum subdirectory in the root.

A.

When I logon to the Admin CP, it automatically gets to mysite.com/forum/admin/. The general boards are working fine in mysite.com.

How do I set it up, that it automatically goes to mysite.com/admin?

B.

When I click on "edit user profile in Admin CP" in the user profile of somebody, I get a internal server error.

How do I fix this?

C.

I accidently removed my first thread due to a mistake. Now I created a new thread, but it has tid=2. When I type in tid=1, it says it is a non existing discussion.

How can I make a thread on the freed up tid=1? Right now, my first thread is gone.

D.

My native language is dutch. I am using an additional template. When I set the language to dutch, al the images (new post, edit, e.t.c.) are gone. It isn't required to have that in Dutch. English pics are also good.

How do I get them back?

---

Offcourse, I googled these questions. But I didn't have found anything helpfull so far.

Thanks for all the support.
A. There must be something wrong with the rewrite you're using. Must say it's rather odd to put the forum in the /forum/ folder and then use mod_rewrite to make the URLs not have /forum/ in them. Maybe you need separate rules for the admin folder?? Do you really need to set it up this way??

B. Check in your server error logs for more info, could be anything.

C. If you really need to do this, you'd need to change the ID of the threads in the database, and also edit the next auto-increment value, otherwise it'd go to 3 and you'd miss 2. This is going to happen every time a thread is deleted though, it won't recycle the deleted ID.

D. You mean they're broken images?? It'll be looking in ./images/dutch/, or ./images/*theme folder*/dutch/ for the images.
Thank you for your quick support! Smile

(2010-09-27, 05:17 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]A. There must be something wrong with the rewrite you're using. Must say it's rather odd to put the forum in the /forum/ folder and then use mod_rewrite to make the URLs not have /forum/ in them. Maybe you need separate rules for the admin folder?? Do you really need to set it up this way??

It fixed it itself. It worked for some reason, I don't know what the issue was.

(2010-09-27, 05:17 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]B. Check in your server error logs for more info, could be anything.

There you go:

[error] mod_security: Access denied with code 500. Pattern match "(\\\\.\\\\./\\\\.\\\\.|/)" at ARG("module") [hostname "www.mysite.com"] [uri "/admin/index.php?module=user/users&action=edit&uid=2"] 

Has to do with the mod_security. I have disabled it within htaccess, but that is less secure. I don't want a defaced page. Is there a way to make it rock with mod_secutiry enabled?

(2010-09-27, 05:17 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]C. If you really need to do this, you'd need to change the ID of the threads in the database, and also edit the next auto-increment value, otherwise it'd go to 3 and you'd miss 2. This is going to happen every time a thread is deleted though, it won't recycle the deleted ID.

Can you please tell me what exactly I need to change? I am working with PMA.

(2010-09-27, 05:17 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]D. You mean they're broken images?? It'll be looking in ./images/dutch/, or ./images/*theme folder*/dutch/ for the images.

Thanks. That solved my problem.
What version are you using?? /admin/index.php?module=user/users&action=edit&uid=2 is the 1.4 URL style, in 1.6 user/users was changed to user-users... do all links in your ACP have a / instead of a -??

Browse the threads table (not the table structure), click the little pencil on the row where the tid is 2, and change it to 1. Then click the Operations tab along the top, and change the AUTO_INCREMENT value to 2. This all assumes you've only currently got the one thread right now.
(2010-09-27, 05:44 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]What version are you using?? /admin/index.php?module=user/users&action=edit&uid=2 is the 1.4 URL style, in 1.6 user/users was changed to user-users... do all links in your ACP have a / instead of a -??

I am using 1.6. No. It is users-users, when I click on it in the admin CP itself. So I think it is a user-cp problem. But leaves the question: How to fix?

(2010-09-27, 05:44 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Browse the threads table (not the table structure), click the little pencil on the row where the tid is 2, and change it to 1. Then click the Operations tab along the top, and change the AUTO_INCREMENT value to 2. This all assumes you've only currently got the one thread right now.

I have 1 thread. I am going to try it. Thanks.
The issue is that mod_security doesn't like the / in user/users, that's the reason it was changed to a - for 1.6. If the error in the error log has a / instead of a - it must be running 1.4 code somewhere. Have you added any plugins that may have been made for 1.4?? Can't see how it would have the 1.4 style URL otherwise.
(2010-09-27, 05:58 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The issue is that mod_security doesn't like the / in user/users, that's the reason it was changed to a - for 1.6. If the error in the error log has a / instead of a - it must be running 1.4 code somewhere. Have you added any plugins that may have been made for 1.4?? Can't see how it would have the 1.4 style URL otherwise.

No. It is a clean forum. Strange...

I have tried your DB work around. After changing it, my threads are gone. How to fix that? If I fill tid=1/2/3 I get: non existing thread...
Oh, sorry you'll also need to update the tid in the posts table too, so it's the same as the new thread ID.
I have another question. I see many forums where there are groups. For example:

You click on "dogs" and you see all categories/forums about dogs there. When you click on "home" you see everything about the forum itself.

I can't find this plugin anywhere. What is it?