MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make a certain usergroup not able to give neg rep
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there I am trying to figure out how to make it so that a certain usergroup can only give +rep and neutral rep like on HF (hackforums.net)

On 1.4 it was easy to do but on 1.6 its more complicated because the give/take away rep settings is in the same box (Dont know why mybb did that) Confused

Please help, Thanks Smile
Unfortunately there's only global settings to deny allowing negative reputation.

If nobody picks this up, drop me a PM and I'll make something for you.
Open reputation.php file and find the following; (around line # 324)

if($mybb->settings['negrep'])

and change it to the following;

if($mybb->settings['negrep'] || $mybb->user['usergroup']=="4")

Replace "4" to your admin / or any mod usergroup ID.

Save the file. Done !
That's a pretty obtrusive way of doing things momina. A plugin would help control it completely without the need of altering files manually.
Well unfortunately, such a plugin does not exist. Should definitely be added for 2.0 I think!
(2010-09-28, 10:30 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]Well unfortunately, such a plugin does not exist. Should definitely be added for 2.0 I think!

You can use it what I edited in the post above. It is working !
(2010-09-29, 07:56 AM)momina Wrote: [ -> ]You can use it what I edited in the post above. It is working !

Yes it works, but what if we're overwriting the reputation.php in an upgrade then your changes will be gone too. That's why a plugin is a better idea.
There is a plugin at mybbcentral. By labrocca of course.
(2010-09-29, 12:08 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]Yes it works, but what if we're overwriting the reputation.php in an upgrade then your changes will be gone too. That's why a plugin is a better idea.

That's the other thing Toungue But any one wants this feature until an upgrade, should use the above edits.