MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 20 mods I found useful-- but secure??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Team,
now that i have tested the mergre from phpbb3.07 -- successfully, its now time to add plugin... i browse the MyBB site in wiki.. and found the following 20 plugins useful..

my question is whether they are secure to install or not... if anyone can point the secure or insecure one, i would be very happy.

Started updating, red ones i don't find much useful or some issues with LARGE boards; green ones, found no issues (again its my view)

1. Registration checkbox
2. Newsbar
3. Poll on Index
4. Recent topics on index page
5. welcome guest
6. spolier bbcode
7. page manager
8. board announcements
9. ads in posts
10. image birthday
11. ajax PM notification
12. its my birthday
13. my advertisements
14. registered links
15 SCD hide email not available for 1.6
16. Side box
17. twitter new thread
18. undo delete
19. warning level in the welcome box
20. myshoutbox

eagerly waiting for reply and help////
Pretty much all the mods on MyBB have a thread in the Plugins section found here:
http://community.mybb.com/forum-102.html

If there are any security issues users will report them there for the releaser to fix them. Its best you browse that section and release threads for the plugins you want to make sure they are to your satisfaction
Also install them on your test account , you'll get a better idea on how they work.
Pretty much all of them with be secure, but it's best to read up on them to find out if any other users are experiencing any problems.

The forum G33K mentioned is the place to go.
hmmm.. okies... will start this.. one by one..
I think that they are all fine. I have heard of them all and seen all of them installed on a good website.
thanks,... i am testing and started updating my first post...