MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Limit RSS Access
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A new MyBB user as I went straight to 1.6.. looks like a very good forum.

Just wondering if it's possible to limit access to RSS feeds?

Scenario:
- Forum: MyBB 1.6
- Forums limited to activated members
- People register and I manually activate them
- If people quit i will deactivate/delete them

What happens when I deactivate them:
- People is no longer able to login
- People is no longer able to see member only forums
- Their RSS feeds still work

It's the last point there I would like to prevent. Is there a solution or is deactivating the rss feed the only way to go?

Thank you for all help.
The idea of RSS feeds is that they're public bits of information that users can pick up from a central source without having to visit a website.

If you really don't them for members, then the best idea is to remove the feed. If it's paramount to the forum, then add this code after global.php is included in the script.

if(!$mybb->user['uid'])
{
	die();
}

Unfortunately, that means users must keep their MyBB session open, but that's the drawbacks of it I guess.
Thank you for an impressive fast answer Tomm.

I love RSS feeds so it's unfortunate (but very understandable) that I have to do it this way. The dream would be that the RSS generated a unique link for every member that would be blocked if membership is disabled on the forum.

Maybe you could add something like that in a future version. Would be a great addition to an already very good software.
There's ways to add keys to RSS feeds, but it's slightly overkill for a forum system in my opinion. A plugin might be able to do this for you though Kjetil for the time being. I'll definitely have a look into this though.