MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upload from Admin Panel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, there

The Admin Can upload from admin panel emoticons, icons, images for templates, logo, etc, this is very useful when somebody have not FTP access, and when some have FTP access is more easy, add icons, emoticons and images for templates, logo
But I don't get it. If you don't have FTP access, how do you get your board onto the server in the first place. If you use services like CreateMyBB, you should be asking them for the upload panel, as for the rest of the people who have FTP access to their website, this would be redundant and even less efficient at uploading stuff compared to FTP.

That's just my opinion Smile
The Admin CP should not take the place of FTP or other such protocol (scp anyone?). The provided upload mechanism just makes sure the file gets put in the proper place.
DennisTT Wrote:But I don't get it. If you don't have FTP access, how do you get your board onto the server in the first place. If you use services like CreateMyBB, you should be asking them for the upload panel, as for the rest of the people who have FTP access to their website, this would be redundant and even less efficient at uploading stuff compared to FTP.

That's just my opinion Smile

Hi, DennisTT,

For example when somebody have FTP access, the admin no need open the FTP program

vBulletin have this feature it gives greater facility to add emoticons, icons, etc
Personally I think admincp upload is very convenient. You have to go to the admincp anyways to add a emoticon so why not have an upload position there as well?
labrocca Wrote:Personally I think admincp upload is very convenient. You have to go to the admincp anyways to add a emoticon so why not have an upload position there as well?

Yes, thats true
Something as said our friend DennisTT, have an "UPLOAD PANEL" into Admin Panel

But would be good can upload emoticons in the Emoticons Section of Admin Panel

Icons in the icons Section of Admin Panel

Logo and buttons in the templates Section

Etc, and anything I could forget
labrocca Wrote:Personally I think admincp upload is very convenient. You have to go to the admincp anyways to add a emoticon so why not have an upload position there as well?

Please, some devoloper can add this or can somebody do some MODIFICATION with that, many people is asking about of this

Regards
We may be adding functionality which will allow you to upload smilies, avatars and post icons.
Chris Boulton Wrote:We may be adding functionality which will allow you to upload smilies, avatars and post icons.

Many Thanks Chris
Pages: 1 2