MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin Activation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Couple quick questions on Administrator Activation of new user registrations. (Yes, I did some forum searching prior, but came up short.)

1. Is there an option or plugin to make it so the admin gets an email when there is a new user awaiting activation?

2. Is there a view in the admin cp to show just those who aren't activated yet? There doesn't seem to be much to tell them apart at a glance.

Thanks.
1. This was made for 1.4, try changing the compatibility in the file from 14* to 16*: http://mods.mybb.com/archive/view/email-...ew-members

2. On the ACP home page there's a link that says '0 Awaiting Activation', obviously saying how many there actually is. Clicking this takes you to a list of suers awaiting activation and you can activate them all in one go there.
(2010-09-28, 08:44 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]1. This was made for 1.4, try changing the compatibility in the file from 14* to 16*: http://mods.mybb.com/archive/view/email-...ew-members

Thanks. I'll check that out. Regarding compatibility, I've installed other 1.4 plugins without changing that. Is that not always necessary then? (They seem to be working.)

(2010-09-28, 08:44 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]2. On the ACP home page there's a link that says '0 Awaiting Activation', obviously saying how many there actually is. Clicking this takes you to a list of suers awaiting activation and you can activate them all in one go there.

Good stuff. I also discovered the views feature and created one that shows just those needing activation, so there's another way. Thanks again!

It wouldn't allow you to install it if the compatibility was 1.4 only. They were either updated to 1.6 or had a very broad/global compatibility put in.
(2010-09-28, 08:57 PM)netkickstart Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. I'll check that out. Regarding compatibility, I've installed other 1.4 plugins without changing that. Is that not always necessary then? (They seem to be working.)

OK, just reporting back. Yes, I had to change that number to activate it, but now it's working like a charm. Much appreciated. Smile