MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: LOTS of Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright, I'm a MyBB Newb. How do I get it so all the BBCode buttons show up on the posting page? Also, is it possible to disallow post icons? I deleted them all, but on the posting page, it still shows Post Icon: no icon
Thanks Smile

EDIT: I'd also like to know how to change the colour of positive reputation in posts.
[Image: 2r6pbg2.png]
I'd like to change that dark green reputation to #15FF00.
I attempted to edit reputation template like so:
				<strong class="reputation_positive">{$lang->positive_count}:</strong> <font color="#15FF00">{$positive_count}</font><br />
But it didn't change anything.

ANOTHER EDIT: It seems that instead of showing the "Rate User" button in posts, it shows the text link "Reputation :". I tried to change the image link in template, yet nothing.

ANOTHER EDIT: As soon as I open a forum that has threads in it, it comes up with a link telling me I've selected all the threads. How do I stop that? [Image: wjt8hu.png]
(2010-09-29, 04:32 AM)Jamvertising Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, I'm a MyBB Newb. How do I get it so all the BBCode buttons show up on the posting page? Also, is it possible to disallow post icons? I deleted them all, but on the posting page, it still shows Post Icon: no icon
Thanks Smile

EDIT: I'd also like to know how to change the colour of positive reputation in posts.
[Image: 2r6pbg2.png]
I'd like to change that dark green reputation to #15FF00.
I attempted to edit reputation template like so:
				<strong class="reputation_positive">{$lang->positive_count}:</strong> <font color="#15FF00">{$positive_count}</font><br />
But it didn't change anything.

ANOTHER EDIT: It seems that instead of showing the "Rate User" button in posts, it shows the text link "Reputation :". I tried to change the image link in template, yet nothing.

ANOTHER EDIT: As soon as I open a forum that has threads in it, it comes up with a link telling me I've selected all the threads. How do I stop that? [Image: wjt8hu.png]

The reputation color is changed in global.CSS.
(2010-09-29, 04:32 AM)Jamvertising Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, I'm a MyBB Newb. How do I get it so all the BBCode buttons show up on the posting page?

http://www.mybbextras.com/showthread.php?tid=1

(2010-09-29, 04:32 AM)Jamvertising Wrote: [ -> ]Also, is it possible to disallow post icons? I deleted them all, but on the posting page, it still shows Post Icon: no icon
Thanks Smile

If you want to turn them off in all forums run this in phpMyAdmin:

UPDATE `mybb_forums` SET `allowpicons` = '0'

Then rebuild the forums cache: ACP >> Tools & Maintenance >> Cache Manager >> forums >> Rebuild Cache

(2010-09-29, 04:32 AM)Jamvertising Wrote: [ -> ]how to change the colour of positive reputation in posts.

In the themes global.css find and change:
.reputation_positive {
    color: green;
}

(2010-09-29, 04:32 AM)Jamvertising Wrote: [ -> ]It seems that instead of showing the "Rate User" button in posts, it shows the text link "Reputation :". I tried to change the image link in template, yet nothing.

Make sure the image images/english/yourtheme/postbit_reputation.gif exists on the server.

(2010-09-29, 04:32 AM)Jamvertising Wrote: [ -> ]As soon as I open a forum that has threads in it, it comes up with a link telling me I've selected all the threads.

Clear your browser cache and that should disappear. If it doesn't make sure this is in your global.css:
.hiddenrow {
    display: none;
}
Link below requires you to register to download it, I really don't feel like registering.
http://www.mybbextras.com/showthread.php?tid=1

I opened phpMyAdmin, but couldn't find a place to run it.
If you want to turn them off in all forums run this in phpMyAdmin:

Then rebuild the forums cache: ACP >> Tools & Maintenance >> Cache Manager >> forums >> Rebuild Cache

Oops! For some reason, when I saved my new CSS files, it all merged onto one line. I uploaded it without realising, and now I need a the blueforce Global.css fresh, and it's not in the theme download. Would this also change the colour of it shown in profile?
In the themes global.css find and change:
.reputation_positive {
    color: green;
}

Worked, thanks Smile
It seems that instead of showing the "Rate User" button in posts, it shows the text link "Reputation :". I tried to change the image link in template, yet nothing.[/quote]

Make sure the image images/english/yourtheme/postbit_reputation.gif exists on the server.

Clearing cache didn't work. I'll do the CSS when you repost it, if you manage to.
Clear your browser cache and that should disappear. If it doesn't make sure this is in your global.css:
.hiddenrow {
    display: none;
}

Thanks for your help so far Smile
You should be changing the global.css in the ACP, you don't need to upload any files. Import the theme again or copy and paste the CSS from the XML file.
I'll do that. BIG problem, my Front Desk category and it's forums aren't showing.

EDIT: I tried opening a link to it, "Invalid Forum". Please tell me I don't have to re do the Front Desk and it's forums.
(2010-09-29, 11:53 AM)Jamvertising Wrote: [ -> ]I'll do that. BIG problem, my Front Desk category and it's forums aren't showing.

I have no idea what this means.
"Front Desk" is one of my categories, and it's just dissapeared. Doesn't show in the ACP either.
Is it in the forums table in the database?? If it's not it sounds like it's just been deleted, none of what's been suggested here would have done that. Check the admin logs in the Tools & Maintenance section.
All problems fixed besides the one below.

I opened phpMyAdmin, but how do I run it?.
Quote:If you want to turn them off in all forums run this in phpMyAdmin:

Don't worry about my missing category, logs say I deleted it. I'll just re-make them.
Pages: 1 2