MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't connect to MySQL server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Forum on one of my client's website is not working. We have not changed anything since 2008 when it was installed.

When you go to

http://www.tpsa.co.za/forum/index.php

...it gives the following error...

MySQL error: 2003
Can't connect to MySQL server on 'mysql51.tpsa.co.za' (10060)
Query:

Please can someone help me as I need to get this resolved ASAP.

Regards,
Daniel
If you've not changed anything in your config file, double check with your host that they've not changed your database details for some reason, and that there's no issues with your server.

What version of MyBB ar you even running though?? SQL errors aren't displayed like this in 1.2, 1.4 or 1.6...
It seems like it's MyBB 1.2.

I know, it's old, but it's been working so I had no reason to upgrade and my client just wants a basic Forum.

I have my own hosting company so nothing has changed on my side, however I did change my password of the database just to make sure the details are correct, but I couldn't find which file holds the username and password for MySQL. Any ideas?
The details are in ./inc/config.php.

1.2 isn't supported here anymore, the last release was 26 months ago, over two years ago, and support has been stopped for 15 months. You're missing out on loads of features, bug fixes and some security fixes. You won't be able to get support for a 1.2 board here anymore. It's in everyone's best interest to upgrade.
Thank you MattRogowski, I will try upgrade.
Let us know if you need any help; obviously we can support you with that Toungue
It still gives the same error, but a different format with the new upgrade and I cannot find where the code is to check the username and password of the database...

PHP Fatal error: [SQL] [2003] Can't connect to MySQL server on 'mysql51.tpsa.co.za' (10060)
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server in C:\Domains\tpsa.co.za\wwwroot\forum\inc\db_mysql.php on line 550
How do I reconnect the Forum to my MySQL database? or, even just check that the details are correct, because it seems like it cannot find my db.
I deleted your post in the other thread you posted in; please don't cross post, one thread is enough, otherwise the same issue is being discussed in two threads and it just gets confusing.

There's little we can do if it can't find the database. If you're sure the database details are what they should be it's out of our hands, we don't have access to manage your MySQL server.
Sorry about that, I'm not a regular "forum poster" and wasn't sure of the protocol. My client is on my back to get it sorted asap.

I have backed up the database. Do you think it would help to load the new version from scratch and then import the database again? I'm just worried about losing all the data.
No, because MyBB 1.6 changes alot of 1.2's features, did you upload the contents of the upload folder except config.php and settings.php to where your forums are installed then run the upgrader??
Pages: 1 2